Marine Transit Insurance

At Consolidated Insurance Brokers we specialise in Marine Transit Insurance!

What is Marine Transit Insurance?

Marine Transit Insurance (also known as Import/Export insurance) gives you protection for goods while they are being moved internationally. It can provide cover for goods you own, or it can provide protection if you are an international carrier. If the goods are significantly damaged while being transported they can be repaired or replaced. Depending on the optional benefits selected you can also have the additional import/export taxes insured if you need to re-import after damage. It also includes a number of extra protections designed specifically around international transport such as salvage costs.

Import/Export insurance is sometimes called Marine Transit (Carriers) or Marine Transit (Cargo) insurance depending on if you are the owner of the goods or not.


Who needs Marine Transit Insurance?

Marine Transit Insurance offers great peace of mind when moving expensive packages overseas, such as the transport of custom-built machinery from Europe to Australia. It is also a crucial insurance for businesses who frequently import of export, such as food importers.


How can CIB help?

Our brokers at CIB will be able to offer tailored advice to suit your situation and helpfully explain how each type of insurance product will reduce your financial risks. We have a panel of insurers offering specialist Import/Export insurance policies.


Contact one of our insurance specialists today for a Marine Transit insurance quote!


Enquire Now

Contact Your Local Representative Today




Contact Us

Information provided is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account any person's particular objectives, financial situation or needs.